Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Wonderland



Wednesday morning was so pretty!!


Some of our sad trees-- But I am happy the report that most of them were very flexible and have popped back up.


Mark and I enjoyed the ice storm we had last week, even with the power out for about 24 hours we tried to make the best of it. Tuesday was a great day full of rain/sleet. I have always enjoyed rainy days and it was nice to be at home and catch up on things around the house. Once the power went out, I have to admit I got a little stir crazy. Thankfully, we got it back the next day and enjoyed the rest of the week at home.

Mark was mesmerized by all the tree limbs toppling to the ground. I think that he almost got whiplash from trying to see it all. It was amazing to see something so beautiful but still know that it was very dangerous and could be completely devastating to some people. Even with all the down trees and limbs, I couldn’t help thinking it was a beautiful winter wonderland.

On Sunday our preacher taught on John 15:2, and now this storm will always be a great way for me to remember this verse. My take away was that when you are going through difficult times it is your responsibility to distinguish what God is trying to accomplish because sometimes the difficulties come as discipline, but other times, and more often than not, it is because God is pruning you for something bigger.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does
bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:2

How we spent Tuesday night without power

1 comment:

Shannon said...

All your pictures were so great!! I was too cold to get out and get any. :)